There are many aspects to a well constructed pruning program. They include the different seasonal needs of different types of plants, the age of the plant to be pruned, and your overall landscaping goals. We take care to train our field team on proper pruning techniques based on plant varietals and seasonality.
For example, did you know that late winter is an ideal time to prune Crepe Myrtles? The reason being is that Crepe Myrtles bloom on new growth, so pruning before spring won’t impact blooming. Other plants bloom on old growth (last season’s), so pruning them now would mean you would lose blooms in the spring. An example of a plant that blooms on old growth is Forsythia. If that is more than you want to think about with respect to your pruning, don’t worry, we’ll do it for you!
We’ll create a year round pruning plan based on your property and take care of each plant that requires pruning on a regular basis, at the proper time of year. We’ll also work with you to accommodate any specific requirements you may have. Each time we prune we will remove all associated debris. Our pruning service includes the following:
- Trimming of shrubs and small ornamental trees
- Shearing of hedges for a uniform manicured aesthetic
- Corrective pruning of small trees and shrubs for ideal shape
- Shoot and sprout control
- Rejuvenation pruning for overgrown and fast growing plants
- Pruning of dead / old growth in small trees and shrubs
- Cutting back perennials and ornamental grasses
Tree and shrub pruning is included in our PremierLawn™ service, contact us to get your custom quote based on your unique property!