Installing mulch helps aid in weed prevention, reduces soil erosion, helps maintain moisture and gives the landscape a finished look.
Prune ornamental trees such as Crepe Myrtles and cut back ornamental grasses, perennials, and roses.
Mowing heights will be set at 3-3.5” for tall Fescue and 2-2.5” for Bermuda and Zoysia to encourage thickening. Begin tip pruning on new plants to encourage growth.
We will lower the mower setting one notch to remove excess overwintering leaves. This promotes quicker green-up of the lawn. Fertilize trees and shrubs for improved health.
Check soil moisture periodically. Most lawns need at least one inch of water per week to remain green and actively growing. Core aeration for warm season turf can reduce stress caused by soil compaction and help reduce thatch buildup.
We will never remove more than 1/3 of the top growth when mowing. Cutting too short lessens grass root growth and limits the turf’s ability to compete against weeds.
We mulch and recycle clippings while mowing to restore important nutrients back into the soil.
We keep an eye out for discolored turf, which might indicate stress or an insect/disease problem.
Fall is the best time to aerate and seed Fescue lawns. Core aeration & seeding is performed to alleviate soil compaction and reestablish new turfgrass.
Drought and heat stress can damage your lawn. Signs include wilting, darker, bluish-black areas and leaves that curl lengthwise. Water deeply once or twice a week for 30 to 45 minutes.
Fall is great time to plant trees and shrubs.
Water your landscape. Adequate moisture enhances your fall applications.
Fallen tree leaves removed to prevent smothering your grass. Limbs and debris are removed along with the general clean-up of the landscape performed for the holidays.
Continue to mow until the turf stops growing.
Walking on frozen grass can damage blades. Stay off grass until frost disappears.
Your lawn roots may be active. During dry and windy periods, water your lawn every 14 days. Pruning plans for early spring are developed with homeowners.
- Fine lawn mowing
- Turf Fertilization
- Sweep/Blow Walkways
- Irrigation Management
- Disease Control
Shrub Bed Maintenance and Pruning
- Landscaped areas monitored
- Flower beds will be groomed
- Leaf removal
- Pruning to enhance natural growth and health of the plant
Tree Care and Pruning
- Pruning of trees less than 15’ tall
- Monitoring of trees that are staked and guyed
- Your Canopy Pro will be discussing an individual property pruning plan with you based on your desire and plant material present in your landscape. Each home property is different, and we want to ensure that we identify and communicate the plans for pruning that will provide the best results
Environmental Weed and Pest Control Program
- Application of herbicides or pesticides
- Site inspections of turf and shrub bed areas
- Spraying for shrub bed weeds
- Inspection for insect and disease infestation
Irrigation Equipment and Operation
- Startup & shutdown of systems with routine maintenance/cleaning
- Inspect systems
Optional Enhancement Services
- Flower planting
- Minor irrigation repairs or upgrades
- Bark, mulch, or pine straw applications to bedding
- Aeration of turf
- Replacement of diseased or aged plants
- Disease control and or/preventative applications of horticultural oils and spray work